Your Acceptance of These Terms
The term “personal information” means any individually- and readily-identifiable information specific to you. For example, personal information could entail certain demographic information such as your:
- Practice name and address;
- Contact information (including residential address, employment address, phone number, zip or area code, and email address);
- User-related information (including your username for the Site, National Provider Identifier number, group Medicaid number, and Tax Identification Number (e.g., Employer Identification Number or Social Security number));
- Last date of visit to the Site (in order to determine whether your account should be deemed inactive);
- And other similar information.
Select primarily collects your personal information when you visit our Site and fill out and submit a form on it. Select may also collect your personal information in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources Select makes available on our Site.
Your option to share any personal information with our Site is completely discretionary. Select will collect your personal information only if you voluntarily submit such information to Select through your use of our Site. You may choose to visit our Site anonymously, and you can always refuse to supply your personal information. Please note, however, that opting for such a preference may prevent you from engaging in certain Site-related activities, features, and/or services.
Web Browser Cookies
Select does not utilize web browser cookies on its Site.
How Select Uses Your Collected Personal Information
Select’s Site includes webpages and forms that give you the opportunity to provide Select with personal information about yourself or, if you are a provider, about your practice. You do not have to provide Select with this information if you do not wish to. However, that may limit your ability to use certain functions on this Site, to request certain services or information from Select, or to fully participate in the Select network Site.
Select may collect and use your personal information for many purposes, including:
- To improve its customer service, or to support a User’s needs more efficiently and effectively. For example, Select uses its Contact Us For Additional Information form, Contact Us For A Quote form, and Provider Connection Sign-Up form to provide customer services. Select shares information submitted on these forms with its payors, plans, or third-party administrators.
- To update its network. For example, Select uses the information submitted on its Provider Change Notification Form and its Provider Leave of Absence Form to update its network. Select shares information submitted on these forms with its payors, plans, and third-party administrators.
- To assist Users who have experienced Site problems or malfunctions.
- To send periodic emails. For example, Select may send product or service related emails, advertisements tailored to a User’s activity, surveys, and other types of marketing and promotions emails.
- To maintain a record of Select’s business-related communications and transactions.
- For any other business-related use permitted by law.
- To provide you with our newsletters. For example, if you wish to sign up for our newsletters, Select may use your contact information, including your name, email address, and your place of employment’s mailing address to issue you our newsletter. If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you make click on and follow the link located at the bottom of each email.
How We Protect Your Information
Select maintains appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards purposefully designed to protect the information you provide to Select on this Site. To protect you and your information, Select has adopted data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of the personal information you share or store on our Site. Any sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over an encrypted Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) secured communication channel that is protected with digital signatures. However, once a form is submitted, if an email confirmation/notification is sent to the User that email confirmation/notification is not encrypted.
Unfortunately, Select cannot guarantee these security measures can never be breached because no website is immune from cyberattack no matter the preventive measures in place. For this reason, Select provides no warranty, representation, or guarantee with respect to the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide, and you agree Select will not be liable for the criminal or illegal acts of third parties through whose conduct your personal information may become disclosed. Select will promptly notify you if we discover a breach of your unsecured protected personal health information or your personal information.
Sharing Your Personal Information
- Select routinely shares the data and information you submit on the following forms to its plans, payors, and third-party administrators in order to keep its network updated: o Provider Leave of Absence
- Provider Termination
- Provider Change Notification Form
- The information submitted in the Tax ID, National Provider Identifier (NPI), Patient ID, Comments Dispute Description, Dispute Files, and Reason for Leave categories of these forms (as applicable) is maintained in an encrypted storage file.
- Select may also share your personal information in the event all or part of the company is sold, merged, dissolved, acquired, or otherwise transferred.
- Select may also share your personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law or regulation.
- Select may also share your personal information if necessary to protect and defend the rights and property of Select or other Users of the Site, or to protect the safety of Select, its employees, or another member of the public.
- Select may also share your personal information for public health activities or for health oversight activities.
Third Party Websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that may link to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. Select does not control the content or links that appear on these websites and will not be liable or responsible for the practices employed by those linked websites or their owners.
Personal Information from Children Under 13
If Select discovers that we have inadvertently collected such information, Select shall promptly take all reasonable measures to remove such information from Select’s Site and systems.
Select Health Network
c/o Privacy Officer
314 W. Catalpa Drive, Suite A
Mishawaka, IN 46545